- Tavernaki tou Pambou (Tel: 22781083, Add: 35 Achaion)
- Souvlaki.cy (Tel: 70001104, Add: 22 March 25)
- Syrian Arab Friendship CLUB (Tel: 22776246, Add: 17 Vasilissis Amalias)
- Plaka Tavern (Tel: 2244 6498, Add: 6-8 Makariou square)
- Levantine (Tel: 99432272, Add: 25 Metochiou)
- Latchi fish tavern (Tel: 22780937, Add: 1 Agiou Pavlou)
- Souvlaki tis Gogos (Tel: 22343646, Add: 7B March 25)
- Megas Alexandros gyros (Tel. 22777716, Add: 30B Kyriakou Matsi)
- Just Italian (Tel: 22780600, Add: 1 Andrea Haliou)
- Jamie’s Italian (Tel: 22028939, Add: 5 Andrea Avramidi)
Cafes: In the Engomi area which starts at the road behind Asty hotel, you will find Café Nero, Coffee Beanery, Gloria Jeans, Second Cup, Costa and a few local places. They serve coffees, teas, cakes, and some have sandwiches, salads etc.
Bars/Clubs: In walikng distance from the hotel you can find varius bars and clubs.
- HUGO – Wine-Cocktail & tapas (Tel: 22250035, Add: 59 Agiou Nicolaou, Engomi)
- RoadTrip Bar & Grill (Tel: 22210222, Add: Chaliou Andrea, Egkomi)
- Murphy’s Pub(Fine Ales & Food) (Tel: 96313263, Add: 11A Alkeou street, Nicosia)
- STATE (Tel: 22255111, Add: 23 Alkaiou street, Nicosia)
Bakery: Zorbas to the left and 3 minutes up the road, sell bread, sweets, savouries and other Cyprus delicacies (spinach, olive and halloumi cheese pies, for example), as well as food.
Bank: the closest bank and cash machine is the Bank of Cyprus. Go left outside the hotel and up the road towards the Byzantine Agios Dometios church. You’ll see it to your right, in less than 5 minutes.
Swimming pools and tennis: The Nicosia Municipality Olympic pool is less than 15 minutes on foot from the hotel. The private Eleon swimming pool and tennis club is not even 10 minutes on foot from the hotel.
Monastery: One of Cyprus’ most famous monasteries called Kykkos, has a base in Nicosia known as the Metoxi. It comprises a stone-built church, offices and priests’ cells. Right next to it, there is a nice big garden with plants and birds, open to the public. This is near the Russian, US and Egyptian embassies and not even a 10-minute walk from the hotel.
Pediaios park / mansions: If you would like to see some old aristocratic mansions and visit one of the few Nicosia parks, you can take a 15 minute walk from our hotel (outside go right, in the direction of the old city centre) to Gladstone street, one of the most beautiful aristocratic roads of Nicosia. The Pediaios park is at the end of this street.
Villages: If you want a stroll, go left and up outside the hotel and in some 5 minutes you will find the old Byzantine church of Agios Dometios to your left, which is worth seeing. From there you can either go a bit further up and left and visit the old centre of Engomi or further up and right for the old centre of Agios Dometios. These are what we call “the villages”, as in the old days they were the nucleus of local life, with a school and a church always nearby.